ABC to read offers volunteering opportunities to businesses that are located near the schools in which we work. Why not ask your company if it might be interested in setting up a company reading scheme?
Setting up an ABC to read company reading scheme is a great way for your company to:
- offer its staff a rewarding volunteering experience and boost staff morale
- help its staff develop their communication skills
- show its support for their local community
- demonstrate its commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
- make a lasting difference to children’s lives
What commitment is required?
We ask companies who set up an ABC to read company reading scheme to:
- cover our support costs by contributing £360 per reading helper.
- allow each volunteer to give 90 minutes per week on an agreed day.
- ask the volunteers to commit for at least a full year (term time only).
- allow the volunteers to attend a one-day training course.
If you do not have time to volunteer then please consider sponsoring a child or a school and make contact with us to see how your business can help give children a life skill.
If you would further details about setting up a ABC to read company reading scheme or to request an application form please contact:
Chief Operating and Development Officer