These are the kinds of things your donation could pay for:
- £4 pays for one reading session for a child
- £10 pays for a volunteer for a week
- £50 pays for a book box
- £100 pays for a volunteer’s expenses
- £360 pays for a volunteer for a year
- £500 pays for a training course
If you use the ‘Donate now’ button on our homepage, Localgiving will match every £10 with another one! You can also donate via bank transfer/direct debit or post us a cheque to ABC to read, Bridge Hall, Oxford Road, Reading, RG1 7PN.
Gift Aid by choosing Gift Aid ABC to read get an extra 25p in every £1 at no extra cost to you
Gifts in kind
Gifts in kind are very welcome. For example Kyocera let us use a conference room and supply refreshments for our trustee meetings. We are always looking for free meeting rooms to run our training courses as well as free printing, new books and raffle prizes.
We also collect foreign and old coins, unwanted jewellery, printer cartridges and mobile phones to recycle. We have already raised over £400 in the last year by recycling these unwanted items!
Organise a fundraiser
- Do something challenging – get some sponsorship and take part in an event
- Book club – get friends together to swap books and make a donation/organise a fundraising event
- Dinner party/coffee morning – ask guests to make a donation
- Schools – organise a non-uniform day
- Pub Quiz – organise your own or ask your pub donate a percentage of proceeds
- Presents – ask for donations to ABC to read
Donate via PayPal