ABC to read recognises that good environmental management is an essential part of overall good practice and having a commitment to the environment, sustainability and reducing climate change.
ABC to read will therefore strive to adopt environmental standards in its areas of operation.
ABC to read will involve staff and members as much as possible to improve environmental standards.
We will make our policy publicly available on our website, and in our office.
ABC to read has already made significant progress at mitigating its environmental impact and has managed to:
- Reduce electricity.
- Increase recycling with improved facilities.
- Procure sustainable office stationery.
- Minimise waste, reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Reduce the use of single use plastic.
- Adopt and encourage the use of sustainable modes of travel, reducing fuel consumption.
- Adopt and encourage the use of more digital training programmes to prevent pollution.
- Encourage the use of digital meetings and interviews where appropriate.
- Dispose in a responsible way.
- Avoid producing waste.
- Favour the use of suppliers who are committed to environmental good practice
We will continue to improve our environmental performance to further commit to energy and waste reduction.
We will communicate the importance of environmental issues to staff, trustees and volunteers and encourage the reporting of any areas of concern or improvement to current practices.